The Sponsorship Process
How a child get sponsored
- HOHI works alongside local community leaders to break the cycle of poverty for women and children at risk.
- Once a project is accepted, HOHI works closely with the community to ensure that projects are properly administered and overseen. This involves intensive training facilitated by HOHI.
- The local team, following guidelines provided by HOHI, selects the children to be sponsored. Children only come into the projects if they are deemed to be at risk and if their situation complies with the HOHI guidelines.
How child sponsorship works for the sponsor
When you sponsor a child, your support allows us to care for a child in one of our transitional children’s homes. Your contribution of $39.00 goes toward the comprehensive care of the child while they are in the project.
While your money is not sent directly to your sponsored child, you do have the opportunity to form a relationship with your sponsored child to see the changes you are helping to make in their lives.
Every day, too many children are suffering from neglect, abandonment, hunger and disease without the opportunities we take for granted. Sponsoring a child is a way to make a difference.
What your child sponsorship provides
Each project is different and provides unique opportunities for us to change a child's life. If a child is in one of the residential care programmes, they receive:
- Medical/dental care
- All meals
- Loving 24 hour care by trained carers
- Vocational training
- A transitional program into mainstream society when ready